Location: St.Petersburg, Russia/Remote
Seniority: Mid-Senior Level
Schedule: Full time
Team: Marketing, Content Function
Uploadcare gives companies simple, powerful and developer-friendly building blocks to handle file uploading and delivery so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We have built an all-in-one file handling solution that serves files up to 4x faster than in-house built solutions and traditional CDNs.
Uploadcare is loved by customers, it is well funded and cash-positive. We work with thousands of businesses across the world, from startups and SMBs to world-famous names like Universal, L’Oreal, PandaDoc and Berkeley.
Help Uploadcare make its content great again, again, and again
Uploadcare content often rocks. Just google, e. g., “We wasted $50K on Google Search Ads and the insights we got on the way” (reposts of this article) to check. To keep it up and achieve more, we need you.
As an Uploadcare Contributing Editor, you will take care of our blog and content marketing activities. You should definitely have a tech journalist mind combined with good editing and sometimes publishing skills.
You will also be responsible for outer content and press-consumable formats (thus, we need mostly Editor than Writer). It is not about content production chains, it is about sharing and promoting our expertise in the right way – and, of course, making every our public content zone a makkah for CDN seekers, both business and tech, with all your journalist skills. In spite of strictly marketing goals, we encourage creative freedom and bringing value to customers, audience and community we carefully grow. Uploadcare Content Function is a team of tech-savvy and data-driven professionals, so you can make fantastic things faster.
We’re looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
If you’re motivated, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you will
- Be a Mother (or Father) of Content Dragons and have fun.
- Make Uploadcare blog the best place for CDN expertise ever, also minding blog ads, CTAs and conversion triggers.
- Collect, plan and implement our content tactics and ideas, transforming them into really fantastic content.
- Master your excellent writing skills.
- Make our articles rock, also improving other contributors’ creatives, existing and new.
- Dive deep into tech details and explain things properly for other markets.
- Turn some by-passing news, cases, and even corporate fuckups into a traffic-generating content.
- Set clear tasks and collaborate seamlessly between in-house and freelance designers, copywriters, and frontends, as well as PR people.
- Work closely with the Insights team to set up and collect all necessary analytics.
- Work closely with the Funnel team to contribute to better SEO and target audience conversion.
- Take responsibility for what you build and the results you produce.
You might be a fit if you have
- 3+ years of global experience in online tech media/corporate blogging, with a track record of a top performer.
- A tech journalist mind combined with good editing (and sometimes publishing) skills.
- Passion about diving deep into the product and target audience to make our expertise both useful and attractive.
- A good knowledge of how to cook freelancers.
- A profound knowledge of what PR is… well, from a journalist side.
- Ability to produce and edit content quickly.
- Eye for detail, analytical skills and ability to prioritize workflow independently.
- A mind of self-starter who enjoys the challenge of a demanding and varied workflow.
- Good communication skills in both business and geek environment.
- Business and performance focus, with the ability to understand business priorities and achieve individual and team targets.
- Flexibility to timely change tactics and strategy when getting poor results.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you build as a reflection of yourself.
B2B and SaaS content creation experience is a plus.
- A good knowledge of WordPress is a plus.
- A world-class team of visionaries building the world-class product.
- Competitive base and uncapped commission structure.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Comprehensive healthcare package.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences.
- We spend time together — Friday Fun, retreats 2 times a year and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Team breakfast catered few times per week & happy hours.
- Pet and drone-friendly office in St. Petersburg, Russia. We have a welsh corgi!
Send us a short email telling about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org