Seniority: Mid-Senior Level
Schedule: Full time
Uploadcare gives engineers simple, powerful, and developer-friendly building blocks to handle file uploading and delivery so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We have built an all-in-one file handling solution that serves files up to 4x faster than in-house built solutions and traditional CDNs.
Uploadcare is loved by customers; cash-positive and funded by NGINX investors. We work with thousands of businesses across the world, from startups and SMBs to world-famous names like Universal, Loreal, PandaDoc, and Berkeley.
Help Uploadcare maintain it’s health and stability
Thousands of engineers use Uploadcare to avoid routine and mundane stuff when they build new products or refactor old ones. We built a BI-directional CDN that gets rid of the necessity of building file infrastructure with providing one API that collects files from end-users, optimizes them in real-time, and then delivers via hundreds of thousands of acceleration nodes.
As a Senior DevOps engineer, you will play an integral role in maintaining the health and stability of tens of Uploadcare servers, services and other moving parts. You will become a part of one of the most powerful tech teams in the world; a team of people who disrupt the traditional way of working with user-generated content and content delivery.
We’re looking for candidates who raise the level of our team. You should value and practice transparency, have the strength to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
If you’re motivated, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you will
- Design, develop and maintain complex infrastructures.
- Test complex infrastructures for performance, load, resilience, penetration, etc.
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Be responsible for security, identity & access management, monitoring, observability, etc.
- Understanding the OSI model and TCP/IP internals.
- Confidence in using AWS, Terraform, Ansible/Puppet/Chef.
- Experience in automation via Bash, Python, Ruby.
- Experience in maintaining PostgreSQL, Redis, other databases.
- Experience in Debian-based systems administration.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have a keen interest in the tech industry and are open to learning new technologies.
- Have experience with Akamai or other major CDN.
- Have experience in container systems.
- Know virtualization techniques.
- Write high-quality code and tests for it that meet high industry standards.
- Can understand code written by someone else.
- Have B1+ English level, enough for writing and reading technical documentation.
- Can work fast, good with estimations.
- Are not afraid to commit frequently (even WIP code).
- Have a good reputation and a nice portfolio.
- Can bring something new to products or processes, not just follow instructions.
- Take responsibility, are accurate, have a good taste.
- A world-class team of visionaries building a world-class product.
- Competitive salary and bonuses in USD.
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences.
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English).
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing, and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Team breakfasts & happy hours.
Send us a short email telling about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org