$2,500 — $3,500
We have a talented dev team that builds a cool unique product for web developers all over the world. Now we want to build connections between our internal team and external community of developers to raise awareness about Uploadcare as a brand and as a product. We are just beginning our DevRel journey and looking for a person who is ready to start building and shaping it with us.
Our stack: Uploadcare - Uploadcare Tech Stack
Areas you will be owning are:
- Community building — communicating with external dev communities on various community platforms & social media, recruiting new Uploadcare ambassadors from those communities and supporting them;
- Technical Ambassador — making sure that developers have a great experience with the product. Functioning as a bridge, teaching engineers how to get the most out of the software and relaying their feedback to our technical team.
- Internal community engagement — creating an environment for Uploadcare’s technical experts to share knowledge with the community and other developers;
- DevRel project management — initiating and managing cross-team projects for DevRel purposes.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Defining Uploadcare’s developer relations strategy and constantly adjusting it to the need of the community;
- Developing Uploadcare’s own community;
- Engaging with developers via external online communities (e.g. Dev.to, Stack Overflow, Reddit, etc.) on behalf of Uploadcare & from your personal accounts;
- Forming Uploadcare’s ambassadors core and engaging them for building joint projects, publishing content, and doing other cool things together;
- Content creation — social media, communities, blog and etc;
- Content distribution — promoting content created by Uploadcare’s & ambassadors across relevant community channels;
- Looking for public speaking opportunities for yourself and Uploadcare’s engineers at events, podcasts, webinars, meetups, etc. Public speaking, networking;
- You are a people person. You have excellent communication skills and have a passion for engaging, supporting, and helping the dev community;
- You are already present and active in dev communities, know who is who, and are savvy with dev communities’ ecosystem and channels;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Engineering experience (understanding of databases and algorithms);
- Experience in products for Developers, Developer Tools, or SaaS is a big plus.
Will be a strong advantage:
- Proficient in creating DevRel content (videos, blogs, docs, dev demos).
- Demonstrated experience as part of the Developer Relations team or a similar role (product evangelist, technical product marketing, technical pre-sales etc).
- A strong presence in dev communities and a wide existing network.
Uploadcare is on a mission to build a dev-to-dev platform that would unite engineers around our brand. We want to form a community to enable like-minded developers to connect, share ideas, collaborate on projects, and support each other. We are looking for a creative, hands-on, and mission-focused Developer Advocate who will help us build and run our community and will be our voice in it.
Uploadcare gives companies simple, powerful, and developer-friendly building blocks to handle file uploading and delivery so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We have built an all-in-one file handling solution that serves files faster than in-house-built solutions and traditional CDNs.
This is a remote role, you can be located anywhere.
Interested in joining the team and helping us build the most powerful and developer-friendly product on the market? Please drop us a line at email@example.com, and include a brief note introducing yourself, and a few words about why Uploadcare is interesting to you.