At Uploadcare we work with thousands of businesses across the world, from startups and SMBs to world-famous names like Buffer, Soundcloud, Samsonite, Cardano and Fitbit. We are funded by VCs who made it possible - NGINX, MariaDB, Wallarm and Jelastic, the total raised capital in 2019 amounted to $3.2 million. Active development of the product started in 2017. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
You’ll become a part of a strong team changing ways of handling and delivering files for web and mobile apps.
Thanks to Uploadcare, tens of millions of users enjoy sub-second site loading speeds, and the companies are confident that their content is delivered as quickly as possible and stored safely.
We’ve got a distributed team synchronized via GitHub, Zoom/Meet, Trello, Slack, and Jira with two week sprints.
Btw, you might want to check out our stack at Stackshare (they’re Uploadcare customers).
We are looking for an experienced developer to be a part of our platform. The team you’re joining consists of two developers of middle and senior levels. We use cross code review, and write tests ourselves. There are no KPIs and overtime work.
In this role, you will
● make technical decisions for the file platform development and its implementation;
● design and develop new services;
● develop and maintain current functionality;
● estimate and decompose tasks, interact with other teams.
A candidate we’re looking for
● has work experience: 2 years for middle level and 4 for senior;
● writes high-quality industrial code and tests for it, understands other people’s code;
● knows English well enough to read technical documentation;
● works quickly, knows what he’s doing, understands timeline for completing a task;
● brings something new to the team and the product, rather than just following instructions.
● solid knowledge of Python 3 and/or one of these: Ruby, Java, Go, Erlang/Elixir (but ready to write on Python);
● experience with pytest, mock, hypothesis.
These would be huge benefits
● experience in designing and developing highload systems and services;
● experience with Django, Flask, Tornado, asyncio, Celery, AWS, nginx, Chef.
● a world-class team of visionaries building a world-class product;
● a startup that is cash-positive, funded by VCs, and continues to grow;
● team breakfasts (if you work from office);
● employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP);
● flexible start of the day (there is a time when you need to be available, otherwise it’s up to you);
● remote work, you can be located anywhere;
● 28 days of vacations;
● company-wide retreats once a year (usually to Finland);
● sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
● language learning (English);
● once a year we update the salary grid. We track progress by teams, there is no micromanagement. There are 1on1’s;
● the salary is paid in USD.
We are looking for a full time cooperation. We provide direct communication with the founders, developers and all members of the Uploadcare team.
It is comfortable to work with us according to CET time +/- 3 hours.
How to apply
Please email us at email@example.com providing a link to your Linkedin profile, attach your CV, as well as any public repositories you might have.