Your Account, Projects, Keys
This section holds a brief summary of how you handle your Uploadcare account: create, manage, and configure environments.
The Uploadcare experience is centered around the concept of a project. Simply put, projects are environments that can hold varied files and settings. For instance, one project can be a target for your general uploads and another can implement extra security features.
Every Uploadcare account is created with a default project, so making one yourself is an optional step.
Uploadcare APIs and API clients tell your projects from one another by their
keys. There are two types of keys: public and
secret. Around the documentation, we refer to those as
You can discover and manage your project API keys on its overview page. Go to your dashboard, click on the name of a project you want to configure and navigate to the “Keys” section in the sidebar.
Depending on which Uploadcare features you want to use, you will implement
public_key or a key pair.
The left sidebar in your project view holds other settings outside of project API keys. Here is the outline of Uploadcare project sections and what you can configure:
- Widget, that is where you can configure your file uploading widget UI and get code snippets needed to integrate the uploader. If you want to further advance in widget settings, check out our Widget Configurator.
- Files, the section holds a complete list of files uploaded to the project and implements the uploading widget to manually add files.
- Auto file storing, allows you to switch between the two modes: the default is allowing files to be automatically stored when uploaded to the project; another option is storing files manually which requires making an additional store request for the uploaded files to stay available. If not stored, files are removed from your project after a 24-hour time period.
- Backup, allows to enable file backups. You can choose between the two options: S3 Bucket or Selectel Cloud Storage.
- Custom OAuth apps, allows you to set up custom OAuth apps to ask your users for permissions to access their files and images stored outside of Uploadcare.
- Custom storage, allows you to configure the File Storage behavior: uploads can go to your existing S3 bucket.
- Webhooks, allows you to define a URL we will be sending Webhooks to.
- Signed uploads, allows you to enabe Signed Uploads, a method making your project to only accept uploads provided with a signature included in the request.
- Project, holds general settings: allows to rename or remove an Uploadcare project.