On our Enterprise plan, Uploadcare can be configured to support HIPAA-compliant workflow. Read on to learn all the details.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a U.S. federal law that requires privacy and security protections for protected health information (PHI). If you’re a covered entity or business associate subject to HIPAA, Uploadcare can be configured to support PHI within secure uploading, storing, processing, and delivering files.
When a covered entity or business associate has executed a Business Associate Agreement with Uploadcare, Uploadcare is deemed a business associate.
Before Uploadcare can support your HIPAA compliance, you must review and agree to implement the guidelines in our Requirements for HIPAA Entities. Please note the following:
- You must be using the Uploadcare Enterprise plan.
- You must execute a Business Associate Agreement.
- You must authorize delivery of uploaded files with Signed URLs for your HIPAA compliant Uploadcare accounts.
- You must use two-factor authentication for anybody who has access to your Uploadcare account.
- You must not use Video Processing or Document Conversion features with a HIPAA compliant Uploadcare accounts.
- You must configure a backup.
Check out our HIPAA guide.
If you’d like to learn more about Uploadcare and HIPAA, get in touch with us. We’re happy to provide you with more information.